Tomato Pastina Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You may have had a pie made with spaghetti before, but have you ever tried one made with pastina? These tiny pasta noodles bake up perfectly in our Tomato Pastina Pie. This savory dinner pie is loaded with so much tomato flavor... it's like a pasta pizza pie!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell, thawed according to package directions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup tiny pasta shape, like pastina or acini di pepe
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread mustard on bottom of thawed pie shell.
Distribute 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over mustard, then pasta, tomatoes, and seasonings. Top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake about 40 minutes or until golden. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: You can prepare this a few hours before mealtime, cover and refrigerate it, then bake it just before serving.
- If you like this dinner pie recipe, then you're gonna love our Spaghetti Pie! Who knew you could turn your favorite pasta dishes into pies?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.