Candy Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember candy apples from when you were a kid? You know, you got them at carnivals and at the circus. If you'd like to bring back that same special taste without all the sticky mess, here's a pie that'll do it for you. (Everybody will wink at the taste, too.)
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/3 cup cinnamon candies
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed(1 8-ounce container equals 3-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups apple juice, candies, food color, vanilla extract, and apples. Bring to a boil, then simmer just until the apples are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup juice and cornstarch. Stir into the apple mixture and continue to cook until thickened, about 2 minutes, then cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Spread the apple filling over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Chill for several hours or until the filling holds its shape.
- Before serving, combine the whipped topping and cinnamon; top each slice with a dollop of the mixture.
Granny Smith and Rome apples varieties work best here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).