Frozen Turtle Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no reason we can't have a little fun with our food now and then. Cute little "creatures" are peeking out from all over this delightful Frozen Turtle Pie.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies and caramel sauce; mix well. Place half the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Use half the ice cream and place individual scoops over cookie mixture.
- Into each scoop of ice cream, place 2 pecan halves in the front and 2 pecan halves in back, making "legs," and 1 pecan half on top, making the "head" of a turtle. Sprinkle with one- fourth of the cookie mixture then top with additional scoops of ice cream and pecans, continuing in a pyramid shape until all ingredients are used.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
We like the flavor of chocolate ice cream in this pie but any flavor will do.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!