The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More
Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr 20 Min
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola
- 1 (28-ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 10 hamburger rolls
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
What to Do
- Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion then pour cola over meat. Cover and cook on high setting 6 to 6-1/2 hours, or until pork is very tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion. Drain liquid from slow cooker, reserving 1 cup. Return meat to slow cooker, add reserved liquid, the barbecue sauce, and onion; mix well. Heat 20 minutes or keep on low until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, in a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, vinegar, oil, and sugar; mix well. Spoon pork mixture evenly onto bottom of rolls, top with coleslaw and top of roll, and serve.
If you love using your slow cooker, then you've got to check out our collection of Easy Slow Cooker Recipes.
May 08, 2021
I had a Hormel pork arm roast in my freezer that is crock-pot ready. I made it using that and it was fantastic! My husband who is not a real big pork eater just loved it. I can't wait to make this again. Superb!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing like homemade pierogies! With a flavor-packed potato filling, tender homemade dough, and sweet caramelized onions, it's no wonder why this Polish recipe has become so popular throughout the world. Once you try our Old-Fashioned Pierogies, we're sure you'll fall in love!