Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola
- 1 (28-ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 10 hamburger rolls
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
What to Do
- Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion then pour cola over meat. Cover and cook on high setting 6 to 6-1/2 hours, or until pork is very tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion. Drain liquid from slow cooker, reserving 1 cup. Return meat to slow cooker, add reserved liquid, the barbecue sauce, and onion; mix well. Heat 20 minutes or keep on low until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, in a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, vinegar, oil, and sugar; mix well. Spoon pork mixture evenly onto bottom of rolls, top with coleslaw and top of roll, and serve.
If you love using your slow cooker, then you've got to check out our collection of Easy Slow Cooker Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!