Baked Smashed Potato Casserole
When company is coming for the winter holidays, we like to go all out. Our Baked Smashed Potato Casserole is a super change of pace from traditional mashed potatoes. Made with red potatoes and topped with a flavorful cheesy crust, this will add excitement to Thanksgiving or Christmas entertaining.
- Did you know that Idaho grows over 25 varieties of potatoes, including the red-skinned type used in this recipe? Click here for more great recipes using Idaho® potatoes!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time50 min
- 6 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- Paprika for garnish
Read NextEasy Au Gratin Potatoes