We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've ever been to Mardi Gras, then you know that there are loads of parades during the two-week celebration...and you also know about all the streamers, beads, and confetti that get thrown around the parade routes! Well, with all its tiny flecks of fresh veggies sprinkled throughout, this rice reminds me of all the colorful Mardi Gras festivities!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups long- or whole-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.