Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Not-So-Skinny Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We couldn't wait to share this good 'ol American recipe for Not-So-Skinny Mashed Potatoes. That's because it's packed with the tasty flavors that you crave from a hearty mashed potato side dish.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved potato cooking water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Place the potato pieces in a large pot, adding enough water to cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the cooking water; place the potatoes in a large bowl. Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and add to the potatoes, along with the sour cream and 1/4 cup of the reserved potato cooking water.
- Beat with an electric mixer or potato masher until light and fluffy, adding more of the reserved potato water if needed to reach desired consistency. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 377
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 83 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 87mg 29 %
- Sodium 226mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 15 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.