Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Spoonfuls of Spaetzle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy version of a German classic is the perfect weeknight side dish. We've taken the hassle out by making our own that we like to call Spoonfuls of Spaetzle. This one is sure to be a winner!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried dill or mixed herbs (like dried chives, parsley, and basil)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper, and dillweed.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the beaten eggs and milk; mix by hand just until smooth.
- Fill a large pot half-full with water and add the remaining 1 teaspoon salt; bring the water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat.
- Over the pot, with a wide, slotted spoon, scoop out a spoonful of the batter and shake it lightly until it breaks into strands that fall into the water; the pieces of batter will congeal to form spaetzle.
- When the spaetzle float to the top of the water, remove them with the cleaned slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat until no batter remains.
Add spaetzle to any soup to make it homemade-yummy, serve it with any meat or chicken dish, or simply serve warm spaetzle plain, with butter or gravy, or topped with cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.