Old-World Harvest Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
This recipe is very special to everyone in the Test Kitchen because it's a dish Howard's mother was in charge of making! This traditional Jewish recipe is going to be the highlight of your next family get together, whether you're celebrating Rosh Hashanah or just trying to enjoy a tasty meal. Delicious sweet potatoes and a few other, somewhat surprising, ingredients are all you need to make our totally unforgettable Old-World Harvest Casserole.
What You'll Need
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans whole carrots, drained
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dry prunes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 60 to 65 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip
- We know, this may sound a …well just let’s say, a bit odd, but let me assure you it’s anything but. Our favorite part is when the topping of this gets a bit toasty, which gives it a nutty rich flavor. To ensure there is plenty of this part to go around, we suggest baking this on the top rack of your oven.
- For more traditional Jewish recipes, try our Best Ever Noodle Pudding or our Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes.
- We're excited to share these Comforting Fall Casserole Recipes with you! Plus, you'll love trying more of our collection of Sweet Potato Casseroles and Other Sweet Potato Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 443
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.0g 10 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 646mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 89g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.9g 20 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!