Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Jalapeno Chili Cheese Fries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- About 1 Cup
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
You won't believe how easy it is to make our Jalapeno Chili Cheese fries! This recipe is perfect for any type of get-together, from potlucks to parties, to game day appetizers. These delicious chili cheese fries will disappear off the plate, so make sure you save a few for yourself.
What You'll Need
- 6 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup prepared chili, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss potato wedges with oil. Place potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake potatoes for 30-35 minutes or until tender and crispy, turning over once during baking.
- Place fries on a large platter and top with chili sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno slices. Serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
If you're hosting a party this weekend and need to beef up the table with more appetizers, try our Chili Dog Puffs and Loaded Ranch Dip! Your guests will certainly want to!
It's known that chili cheese fries were created in the United States, but the who and how are continuously up for debate. Some variations include a creative 16-year-old from Texas and another, a Dairy Queen employee from Missouri. It kind of feels like the origin of chili cheese fries are sort of an urban legend in the food world.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 293
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 346mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.5g 26 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %