We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Spanish, Salsa Verde means "Green Sauce", but to me, it means even more variety for my Mexican feasts.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade, combine all the ingredients and process until well chopped, but not puréed.
- Serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and chill until ready to use. Lasts for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Makes about 2 cups.
If fresh tomatillos are unavailable, you can substitute 2 medium-sized green tomatoes and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!