The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
In Spanish, Salsa Verde means "Green Sauce", but to me, it means even more variety for my Mexican feasts.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade, combine all the ingredients and process until well chopped, but not puréed.
- Serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and chill until ready to use. Lasts for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Makes about 2 cups.
If fresh tomatillos are unavailable, you can substitute 2 medium-sized green tomatoes and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
May 25, 2016
If you really like Mexican food, you will love this green sauce! It tastes so good on a soft corn tortilla Taco with lots of jalapeno and bits of pineapple and cilantro of course.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs
The taste bud tingling flavor of horseradish adds a zesty flair to our Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs. This party-pleaser has the added flavor of smoky bacon bits sure to delight your hungry guests.