Open Faced Avocado Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a fresh 'n' tasty meal! Doesn't get any easier than our Open-Faced Avocado Sandwiches.
What You'll Need
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 oatmeal or whole wheat bread slices, toasted
- 4 (1-ounce) American cheese slices
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 1 cup coarsely shredded iceberg lettuce (see Note)
What to Do
- Toss avocado slices gently with Italian dressing; drain avocado well, reserving dressing.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Top bread slices with avocado, cheese slices, tomato slices, and lettuce.
- Drizzle sandwiches evenly with reserved Italian dressing, and serve immediately.
For crisp iceberg lettuce, discard the outer leaves, and rinse and core the lettuce as soon as you get home from the supermarket. Whirl it in a salad spinner and chill it, wrapped in paper towels in a resealable plastic bag, until ready to use- at least an hour or up to 5 days.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!
- Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches