Gumbo on the Grill
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Watch out, New Orleans! Now we can make hearty gumbo on the grill. Don't wait till Mardi Gras to try this Southern specialty.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can chopped clams, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can tiny whole shrimp, undrained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup instant rice
What To Do:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In an 8-inch square disposable aluminum pan, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place on the grill. Close the grill cover and cook the gumbo for about 8 minutes; stir it, recover it, and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
Stir in 1/2 cup water when reheating any leftover gumbo because the liquid will be absorbed while it sits overnight.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.