Cauliflower Broccoli Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't have to bribe your kids to eat their broccoli or cauliflower once they pop these crispy fried treats in their mouths! They'll be beggin' for more!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
What to Do
- Cook florets in 2 cups boiling water in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Mash florets with a fork or potato masher in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and next 4 ingredients.
- Pour oil into a large skillet to a depth of 1/4-inch; heat to 350 degrees. Drop vegetable mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil; cook, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!