Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Too many people pass right by the spaghetti squash in the supermarket produce section simply because they don't know what it is or how to prepare it. Well, not only is it a fun dish to serve, but it's a fresh-tasting, low-fat, low-calorie option for combining with flavorful toppings. C'mon, give spaghetti squash a chance!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Place about 1 inch of water in a soup pot; place the whole squash in the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat , combine remaining ingredients except 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; whisk until smooth and creamy, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- When squash is tender, remove it to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Cut squash in half lengthwise, then use a soup spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape the inside of squash with a fork, shredding it into noodle-like strands. Add strands to the sauce and stir until thoroughly mixed and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
If you want to save some time, cut the raw squash in half lengthwise and place in a microwaveable covered casserole dish with 2 tablespoons water; microwave 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Be careful when cutting raw spaghetti squash --the outer skin is very hard.
- For more weight loss info, check out our stay-on-track magic tricks.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!