We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of our Oktoberfest favorites. Serve our Mustardy Cabbage alongside some brats, or any main dish, for some authentic German flavor!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, bacon, and onion and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and onion starts to brown.
- Add the cabbage, apple, salt, and pepper and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Stir in cream and mustard and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen is cookin' up!
- If you enjoyed this Mustardy Cabbage recipe, be sure to check out our Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage.
- For an easy way to cut onions, and more onion tips and tricks, be sure to check out our How-To page!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 174
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 458mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 10g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!