Cauliflower Fried Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is an even healthier alternative to your favorite takeout-style fried rice. This low-carb side dish is loaded with all the same great flavors you love. In fact, we bet your gang won't even be able to tell the difference!
What You'll Need
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
What to Do
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it's in small pieces and looks like rice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; add cauliflower, peas and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper, mix well.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in scallions and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Occasionally, we like to add a couple of eggs into our fried rice (the way they do at many take-out restaurants). To do this, just scramble up 2 eggs in a separate skillet, cook to desired doneness, and stir into your cauliflower rice mixture, until well combined.
- This recipe comes from our Everyday Diabetic Recipes site! Click here for complete nutritional information for our cauliflower rice, and to check out even more diabetic-friendly recipes.
- For more fun with cauliflower, try our Cauliflower Bake, our Cauliflower Flatbread, or our Cauliflower Griddle Cakes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!