New Green Bean Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The classic holiday green bean casserole gets a tasty Test Kitchen makeover, for a New Green Bean Casserole recipe you'll be applauded for. Whether for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this one will deliver lots of tasty excitement!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place green beans in baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk flour into milk over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Stir cheese into mixture then pour over green beans. Stir beans gently.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle French-fried onions on top, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until bubbly.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!