Pizza Zucchini Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get your finicky eaters to eagerly eat their veggies with our delicious Pizza Zucchini Boats. This recipe delivers an "everybody loves it" pizza taste sure to sail off their plates!
What You'll Need
- 4 zucchini or yellow squash (two of each preferred)
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
In a large skillet, cook sausage and diced squash over medium heat 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon during cooking. Drain mixture and place in a medium bowl. Add drained tomatoes, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and salt; mix well.
Fill squash halves with sausage mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 38mg 13 %
- Sodium 892mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 7.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)