We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spaghetti squash has a chameleon quality to it, 'cause it cooks up with the same taste as our favorite pasta dishes. Our easy-to-make spaghetti squash recipe will have even your finicky veggie eaters cleaning their plates.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
What To Do:
Fill a soup pot with one inch of water and place whole squash in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove squash to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
Cut squash in half lengthwise then use a spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork, shredding into noodle-like strands.
Place shredded squash in a large skillet and heat over high heat 2 to 4 minutes to eliminate excess water. Add remaining ingredients except basil and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in basil and serve.
If you're trying to cut back on pasta, subsitute some spaghetti with spaghetti squash. Try our Fresh Garden Pasta for a delicious and healthy meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Lemon Chive Asparagus
- Fresh Corn Cakes
- Carrot Souffle Squares
- Creamy Baked Onions
- Roasted Spring Vegetables
- Creamy Spinach Bake
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Fried Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Amazing Recipes for Asparagus: 13 Baked Asparagus Recipes, Roasted Asparagus Recipes, and More