Garlicky Spaghetti Squash Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know the great thing about spaghetti squash recipes? Most of the time they cook up with the same tasty flavors as our favorite pasta, but without the heavy carbs and gluten. In fact, our Garlicky Spaghetti Squash Skillet makes a perfect side dish, in place of potatoes or rice, but it's also yummy and filling all on it's own!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
What to Do
- Fill a soup pot with one inch of water and place whole squash in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove squash to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise then use a spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork, shredding into spaghetti-like strands.
- Place shredded squash in a large skillet and heat over high heat 2 to 4 minutes to absorb any excess water. Add remaining ingredients except basil and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Stir in basil and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more yummy go-alongs, download are free ecookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!