We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the perfect party appetizer. With its combination of fresh mozzarella, basil and other Italian themed ingredients, Caprese Toasts will go fast, so make plenty!
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups tomato basil sauce, warmed
- 1 (8-ounce) fresh mozzarella ball, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place bread slices on 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and salt; mix well. Brush mixture on each slice of bread and broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove bread slices from oven and place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each. Broil 1 minute, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from oven, spoon an equal amount of warm tomato–basil sauce on each slice, and top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Barilla
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 219
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.9g 14 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 361mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cravin' some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It's a comfort-food favorite that's melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!