We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the perfect party appetizer. With its combination of fresh mozzarella, basil and other Italian themed ingredients, Caprese Toasts will go fast, so make plenty!
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups tomato basil sauce, warmed
- 1 (8-ounce) fresh mozzarella ball, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place bread slices on 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and salt; mix well. Brush mixture on each slice of bread and broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove bread slices from oven and place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each. Broil 1 minute, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove from oven, spoon an equal amount of warm tomato–basil sauce on each slice, and top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Barilla
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The key to making this red potato salad taste phenomenal is to use fresh dill. Our Dilly Dally Potato Salad recipe is a lightened-up version of one of your favorite potato salads. Everyone at your potluck will enjoy this tasty dish!