Strawberry Patch Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you've got a ton of fresh strawberries, there's only one thing to do: you need to make our Strawberry Patch Shortcake! It's a super easy and incredibly tasty way to enjoy delicious seasonal fruit. With ruby red strawberries as the scrumptious centerpiece of this easy cake recipe, you really can't go wrong.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; line the bottom with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and 1 cup sugar; with an electric mixer on high speed, beat about 4 minutes or until thick and doubled in size. Add yogurt, butter, and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix until just combined. Pour half the batter evenly into the pan. Place half the strawberry slices on top. Spread remaining batter over the strawberries. Top with remaining strawberry slices and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, then remove from springform pan, also removing the waxed or parchment paper. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Check This Out!
- Looking for more easy strawberry recipes? Try our Chocolate Strawberry Dream Cake, our Easy Strawberry Pie, and our French Strawberry-Rhubarb Bake!
- For more amazing cake recipes, try our Bee Sting Cake, or our Butter Pecan Cake.
- Sometimes it's good to get back to basics. Try our easy recipe for Chocolate-Covered Strawberries!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!