Asian-Style Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr
Change up the typical pot roast dinner routine with our recipe for Asian-Style Pot Roast. This easy pot roast recipe features classic Asian flavors like ginger, honey, and garlic. Your family will love this East-meets-West combination!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 4 carrots, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- Combine oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a large resealable plastic storage bag; seal and shake to combine ingredients. Add beef, seal bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place beef and marinade in a Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour. Add carrots, celery, and onions. Cover and simmer about 1-3/4 hours more, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; add to pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened. Slice the meat across the grain. Serve gravy over meat and vegetables.
It's easy to switch this up and make a sweet-and-sour version by simply adding a drained, 16-ounce can of pineapple chunks with the carrots.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've taken quiche to a whole new level with our Steakhouse Onion Quiche recipe. You won't believe the savory flavors that melt together in your mouth! There's so much steak and ooey gooey cheesiness in this one dish that the family just won't be able to resist.