Asian-Style Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr
Change up the typical pot roast dinner routine with our recipe for Asian-Style Pot Roast. This easy pot roast recipe features classic Asian flavors like ginger, honey, and garlic. Your family will love this East-meets-West combination!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 4 carrots, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- Combine oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a large resealable plastic storage bag; seal and shake to combine ingredients. Add beef, seal bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place beef and marinade in a Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour. Add carrots, celery, and onions. Cover and simmer about 1-3/4 hours more, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; add to pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened. Slice the meat across the grain. Serve gravy over meat and vegetables.
It's easy to switch this up and make a sweet-and-sour version by simply adding a drained, 16-ounce can of pineapple chunks with the carrots.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.