Sicilian Meatball Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more satisfying than a thick hot meatball sandwich bursting with fill-ya-up satisfaction - and this one's got it all! Sicilian Meatball Sandwiches are a little messy (in the finger-lickin' kinda way) but a lot tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 (6-inch) Italian Sandwich Rolls
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the spaghetti sauce, the bread crumbs, onion, cheese, egg, parsley flakes, and garlic powder; mix well. Add the ground beef and blend well.
- Shape into sixteen 2-inch meatballs and arrange in a 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drain the liquid. Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and completely cooked. Serve the meatballs and sauce on the sandwich rolls.
I like to sprinkle the meatballs with some additional Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 514
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 24g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 8.9g 44 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 32g 63 %
- Cholesterol 129mg 43 %
- Sodium 1,581mg 66 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!