Brown Sugar Snack Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love recipes with shortcuts, especially when it means we spend less time in front of the stove, and more time enjoying great flavors. The secret ingredient in our Brown Sugar Snack Cake is biscuit mix! It adds a great, chewy texture--just like brownies! This will quickly become a favorite for the whole family!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups biscuit and baking mix
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together biscuit mix and brown sugar. Add eggs and water; beat with a spoon until blended. Stir in vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Yes, in case you're wondering, these freeze great as long as you wrap them tightly. Then, when the craving strikes, it only a few takes minutes for these to thaw at room temp. We know this from experience--trust us.
- These make a great back to school snack! The kids are sure to love 'em. For more kid-friendly recipes, try our Back-to-School Cookies and these moist After School Cupcakes!
- Love brown sugar recipes? Then you've got to try our Brown Sugar-Glazed Ham, these ooey-gooey Brown Sugar Brownies, or, this scrumptious Brown Sugar Banana Cake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more back to school recipes, download our free eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.