Beefed-Up Broccoli Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember when making lasagna was a day-long project, reserved for special occasions only? Well that's a thing of the past! Our Beefed Up Broccoli Lasagna is full of hearty beef and stuffed with healthy broccoli for an easy filler-upper.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until no pink remains, crumbling meat as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid. Add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and salt; stir until well blended then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, and the egg; mix well.
- Spread 2 cups sauce mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish. Press 4 noodles lengthwise over sauce and 1 noodle crosswise across end of baking dish, completely covering sauce mixture. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over noodles then sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture then arrange remaining noodles over sauce, pressing lightly into sauce. Spread remaining sauce over top.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella; cover with aluminum foil. Let sit 10 minutes then cut and serve.
Garnish with fresh basil for a pop of color and flavor.
Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 671
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 80 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 40g 80 %
- Cholesterol 147mg 49 %
- Sodium 1,330mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %