Beefed-Up Broccoli Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember when making lasagna was a day-long project, reserved for special occasions only? Well that's a thing of the past! Our Beefed Up Broccoli Lasagna is full of hearty beef and stuffed with healthy broccoli for an easy filler-upper.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until no pink remains, crumbling meat as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid. Add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and salt; stir until well blended then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, and the egg; mix well.
- Spread 2 cups sauce mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish. Press 4 noodles lengthwise over sauce and 1 noodle crosswise across end of baking dish, completely covering sauce mixture. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over noodles then sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture then arrange remaining noodles over sauce, pressing lightly into sauce. Spread remaining sauce over top.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella; cover with aluminum foil. Let sit 10 minutes then cut and serve.
Garnish with fresh basil for a pop of color and flavor.
Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 181
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 5.2g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 55mg 18 %
- Sodium 211mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.2g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!