We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our chicken tostadas are an easy south-of-the-border-style skillet meal that turns pantry staples into a mealtime fiesta!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 6 (6-inch) tostadas (see Note)
- 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté 2 minutes, until browned. Add water and taco seasoning; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add black beans and simmer 2 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Arrange tostadas on a serving platter; sprinkle evenly with cheese then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.