Honey Garlic Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Honey Garlic Chicken is one of the most popular dishes in Asian restaurants. But why wait 'til you go out to enjoy it? With Chinese takeout recipes this easy, there's no reason to leave the house! You can make your own Honey Garlic Chicken that rivals what you'll get at your neighborhood take-out place...and in less time, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large bowl, make a batter by combining the flour, baking powder, salt, and water; mix well.
- In a large deep skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium-high heat until golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add 1/4 inch oil to skillet, and heat oil until hot (but not smoking!). Dip chicken pieces in batter, coating completely, then cook in batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, warm honey, garlic, and soy sauce over low heat for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place chicken in a large bowl and pour warm honey sauce over it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss until chicken is well coated. Serve immediately.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 39 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
- This easy Chinese recipe tastes great with a side of our Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice or our Chicken Egg Rolls! Or even our Secret Tempura Combo!
- Finish off this takeout recipe with an authentic, tasty treat that you won't find on the takeout menu: Our Chinese Almond Rounds.