Secret Tempura Combo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready for an "Olympic-worthy" recipe to help you celebrate the games taking place in Japan this year? Good! Our recipes for Secret Tempura Combo is really going to take home the gold in the hearts of all your family and friends. An easy recipe to serve as a side or appetizer, this nod to Japanese cuisine is something you won't want to miss.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups club soda
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add club soda; mix well. Add remaining ingredients except oil; toss to coat completely.
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Place coated chicken and vegetables in hot oil one piece at a time. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until coating is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until everything is cooked, discarding any remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.