Southwestern Stuffed Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Treat your taste buds to a true Mexican fiesta with our Southwestern Stuffed Chicken. All you need is 30 minutes and you've got a mouth-watering meal that'll have your gang dancin' around the table!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cheese crackers
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 2 pounds total)
- 4 ounces Mexican-flavored processed cheese spread, cut into 6 cubes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs and taco mix; set aside. With a kitchen mallet or rolling pin, gently pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Place a cube of cheese in center of each chicken breast and roll up tightly, tucking in sides as you roll. Brush with melted butter, then roll in cracker crumb mixture, holding chicken securely closed and coating on all sides. Place each rolled breast seam side down in its own cup of the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Serve immediately.
- Any type of cheese will work as a filling, including Monterey or Pepper-Jack (if you want that extra touch of spiciness).
- Plus, if you want to prepare another stuffed dinner recipe, try out our Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Recipe: Our Easiest Stuffed Cabbage Recipe... Ever -- you're guaranteed another hit!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!