We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
We're celebrating Christmas all over the world! This easy cookie recipe is an Old Slavonic classic that we know you'll love. Our tasty Christmas Kolachy has the classic old-world taste of creamy butter cookie batter with the festive and fruity taste of sweet raspberry preserves. This easy kolachy recipe is an elegant way to serve dessert at your holiday get-together!
What You'll Need
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add flour; mix well. Chill dough atleast two hours or overnight.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let sit 25 to 30 minutes to slightly soften. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a well-floured board, roll dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut dough into circles using either a 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter or a glass. Place dough circles on rimmed baking sheets, about 1-inch apart. Repeat with remaining dough scraps. Spoon 1/2-teaspoon of preserves in center of each dough round.
- In a small bowl, whish egg and water. Brush edges of dough with egg mixture. Bring two edges together in the center (as seen in picture) and pinch tightly to close.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until light golden. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Check This Out!
- For more Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
- Want a seriously satisfying Christmas dinner? Try our Roasted Holiday Prime Rib, our Georgia Peach Glazed Ham, or Rosemary's Christmas Chicken.
- If you're looking for a Christmas cocktail recipe, make our Santa's Spritzer, our Apple Cider Sangria, or our Apple Pie Hot Toddy!