Holiday Butter Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 72 (6 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
These Holiday Butter Cookies not only capture the traditional butter cookie flavor that we all love, but they look like the perfect present anyone would enjoy unwrapping this year! Plus, this Christmas cookie recipe is perfect if you're looking to feed a crowd; one way or another, our Holiday Butter Cookies are going to give you a taste of joy this season.
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 drops red food color
- 12 drops green food color
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap; leave some plastic wrap hanging over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Beat in flour and salt just until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. In a medium bowl, mix 1-part dough with red food color until thoroughly blended. Press red dough into bottom of prepared pan. Gently press plain colored dough on top of red dough.
- In another medium bowl, mix the remaining dough with green food color. Gently press the green dough on top of plain dough. Cover, refrigerate at least one hour until chilled.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Using plastic wrap, lift dough from pan. Cut dough lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Although the recipe calls for 12 drops each of red and green food coloring, you can add more to achieve the colors you like. Go slow, a little food coloring makes a big difference!
- Looking for more Christmas desserts? Try our Strawberry Eggnog Pie, our Holiday Gingerbread Fudge, or Santa's Creamy Christmas Treat!
- Be sure to check out all the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.