Friday Night Fried Fish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a great recipe for the next time you want to coat and fry fish (not fingers!).
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds white-fleshed fish, such as haddock, cod, or whiting, cut into 4-ounce fillets
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate pie plates. Combine garlic powder and oregano with bread crumbs. Pat fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Dip fillets, one at a time, into flour with one hand, then dip floured fish into beaten eggs with other hand. Use your dry hand to coat fish with bread crumbs. Place breaded fish on a plate.
- When all fish has been breaded, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry fish until brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
Why not serve this with our quick Lemony Tartar Sauce?
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!