Friday Night Fried Fish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a great recipe for the next time you want to coat and fry fish (not fingers!).
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds white-fleshed fish, such as haddock, cod, or whiting, cut into 4-ounce fillets
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate pie plates. Combine garlic powder and oregano with bread crumbs. Pat fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Dip fillets, one at a time, into flour with one hand, then dip floured fish into beaten eggs with other hand. Use your dry hand to coat fish with bread crumbs. Place breaded fish on a plate.
- When all fish has been breaded, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry fish until brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
Why not serve this with our quick Lemony Tartar Sauce?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!