Fried Catfish Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can you spell D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S? These babies are just that! These Fried Catfish Sandwiches are crispy, yummy knock outs. It'll be love at first bite!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Vegetable oil
- 4 onion sandwich buns, split and toasted
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Dredge fish in mixture, coating well.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 3 inches; heat to 370 to 375 degrees F. Fry fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on sandwich buns with cocktail sauce, lettuce, and, if desired, tomato slices.
- A good indicator to determine if the oil is hot enough is to sprinkle some cornmeal in the pan. If it sizzles immediately, you're ready to fry!
- To kick the catfish sandwiches up a notch, serve with cocktail or tartar sauce and a slice of tomato with lettuce.