The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Fried Catfish Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Can you spell D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S? These babies are just that! These Fried Catfish Sandwiches are crispy, yummy knock outs. It'll be love at first bite!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Vegetable oil
- 4 onion sandwich buns, split and toasted
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Dredge fish in mixture, coating well.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 3 inches; heat to 370 to 375 degrees F. Fry fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on sandwich buns with cocktail sauce, lettuce, and, if desired, tomato slices.
- A good indicator to determine if the oil is hot enough is to sprinkle some cornmeal in the pan. If it sizzles immediately, you're ready to fry!
- To kick the catfish sandwiches up a notch, serve with cocktail or tartar sauce and a slice of tomato with lettuce.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.