Creole Breakfast Crostinis
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Start your morning off right with this not-so-ordinary recipe that goes perfectly with a cup of coffee. Our recipe for Creole Breakfast Crostinis will have you full and ready to conquer your morning!
What You'll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) package meatless breakfast starters scramble
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare breakfast starters with eggs according to package directions, adding the Creole seasoning.
- Cut bread diagonally into 4 (1-1/4-inch-thick) slices. Top bread slices with cheese, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce mix according to package directions. Stir in mustard and remaining 2 ingredients. Top bread slices evenly with scrambled egg mixture. Drizzle evenly with Creole mustard mixture. Serve immediately.
This breakfast eye-opener can be made with either traditional eggs or egg substitute?it's delicious with either one. I like serving any extra Creole mustard mixture with fresh tomato slices (my favorite!) or over blanched asparagus and green beans.