Rise 'n' Shine Parfait
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would think cream cheese and granola could be this elegant?! Wake up to an exciting and healthy breakfast that's a change of pace from the typical morning breakfast routine.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) container light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped fresh, frozen or canned fruit (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 cup granola
What to Do
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine raisins, orange juice, sugar, and vanilla. Cover and microwave at high power for 45 seconds; let stand 1 minute, until raisins plump up. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Stir in raisin mixture until well combined.
- In 4 dessert dishes or parfait glasses, layer cream cheese mixture, fruit, and granola. Repeat layers then serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
- Use your favorite fresh, frozen or canned fruit - like peaches, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries - and garnish with additional fruit, if desired.
- Jump start your morning with a healthy breakfast - check out How to Start Your Day Out Right: 11 Healthy Breakfast Recipes today!