Veggie Breakfast Burritos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 16 Min
- READY IN
- 26 Min
Tired of your boring bowl of cereal or half-stale muffin for breakfast? Then it's time you upgraded to a hot breakfast recipe that will give you enough energy to keep you going throughout the day. Healthier than fast food, these Veggie Breakfast Burritos give you the "yum" factor without the grease and the mess.
What You'll Need:
- 5 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to ½ teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Heat tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add hash browns, and sauté 6 to 8 minutes. Add bell peppers, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add eggs, and cook 3 minutes or until eggs are done, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; roll up. To serve, wrap individually in wax paper or aluminum foil. Serve with desired toppings such as picante sauce or sour cream.
These handheld burritos are a flavorful alternative to cereal in the morning. Don't limit them to the early hours, though. They can be reheated for an afternoon snack. Chill leftover burritos up to 4 hours. To reheat, microwave 1 wax paper-wrapped burrito at HIGH 30 seconds, or bake aluminum foil-wrapped burritos at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!
- Homemade Donut Recipes: 8 Easy Recipes for Donuts
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Upside Down Noodle Wreath
- Quiche Italiano
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Amish Cooking: 8 Amish Recipes for Breakfast
- Christmas Morning Cinnamon Bun Pie
- 18 Healthy Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day Out Right
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Country Sausage and Biscuits