Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're betting even your most finicky veggie eaters will be tempted to give our delicious Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad a try. This fresh-tasting colorful, healthy summer salad is sure to be a highlight whenever you serve it. Try adding almonds, raisins or sunflower seeds to this simple broccoli salad for some extra variety!
What You'll Need:
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into 1/2-inch florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tomatoes, onion, cheese, and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For extra crispy bacon, try cooking it in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The trick is to place it in a cool oven and then pre-heat!
- To add variety to this simple broccoli salad, add some almonds, raisins, or sunflower seeds!
- Try our other favorite healthy, creamy, and crunchy salads: Confetti Vegetable Salad and Best Broccoli Salad.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 414
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 31g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 19g 37 %
- Cholesterol 69mg 23 %
- Sodium 1,148mg 48 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 9.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say goodbye to boring hot dogs and hello to ones that are deli-delicious! Our Reuben Dogs are a mashup between a favorite deli sandwich (the Reuben!) and perfectly-cooked hot dogs. The tang of the sauerkraut, the gooeyness of the cheese, and the flavor of the Russian dressing make our hot dogs taste extra-special.