Election Day Hand Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One way to show off your patriotism is to go out and vote. It's a right that every American should exercise, especially if you want to effect change. Help get the word out about voting by baking up these Election Day Hand Pies to pass out to friends and family. You can make them all red, all blue, or both to represent your party of choice!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1/2 cup cherry or blueberry pie filling (from a 21-ounce can)
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Unroll one pie crust; using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 8 circles from dough and place on baking sheets.
- Place a teaspoon of pie filling in center of each circle. Unroll second pie crust and cut 8 more circles (see Note). Place a dough circle on top of filling; using a fork, crimp edges.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- If you don't have the right size cookie cutter, don't worry! A drinking glass or better yet, a clean, empty pie filling can will do the trick!
- If you want to fancy these up a bit like we did, use a knife to cut out the shape of a star in the center of the circle.