Striped Maple Sausage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Next time you're camping - or even right in your own backyard - why not start off your breakfast with a grill full of these? Even if you can't sit around the campfire, you can have that cooked-outdoors taste!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra for basting
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sausage and the 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Divide the mixture into 8 equal amounts. Make 8 patties and flatten them well.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, until the sausage is cooked through and no pink remains in the center, turning halfway through the grilling and basting occasionally with additional maple syrup.
Serve this with scrambled eggs cooked right on the grill in a cast iron or other heat-resistant heavy pan. What a great way to start off your day!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 358
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 10.0g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 722mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.4g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!