Cheesy Bacon Potatoes in Foil
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an easy and mess-free way to serve loaded potatoes to your family. Our Cheesy Bacon Potatoes in Foil feature all the classic fixins' like cheese, bacon, and scallions layered with ranch-flavored potato slices. Plus, they cook up inside a family-sized foil packet, so clean-up is super simple!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 yukon gold potatoes (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F. Cut 1 (24-inch) piece of aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ranch dressing, oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add potatoes and gently mix until evenly coated.
- Layer half the potatoes in center of foil, then sprinkle with half of the bacon. Layer with remaining half of potatoes and bacon.
- Wrap foil securely, leaving room for steam to circulate; seal edges tightly. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, open foil carefully, and sprinkle with cheese and scallions. Close packet and cook for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Serve immediately.
This makes a great grilling recipe too! To make these cheesy bacon potatoes on the grill, just preheat the grill to medium heat, place the foil packet on the grill, close the cover, and cook for 25 minutes. Then, open the packet, sprinkle the potatoes with cheese and scallions, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender.
For more simple Foil Packet recipes, return to our collection page!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).