Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the fancy name fool you! Lyonnaise Potatoes are so easy, yet so elegant. What a perfect holiday side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any entertaining in between. Best part, they cook up in a skillet, leaving you plenty of oven space when you need it most. You can see why it's one of our favorite lyonnaise potato recipes! No matter what easy dinner idea you're cookin' up, as long as you have a side dish helping of Lyonnaise Potatoes, you know you're in good shape.
What You'll Need:
- 6 Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
What To Do:
- Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch slices and place in a medium bowl; gently stir in salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onions until browned. Add onions to potatoes; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in skillet and cook 12 to 14 minutes over medium heat, until potatoes are browned, turning halfway through cooking. Serve immediately.
- At Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant they only use Idaho® potatoes in this recipe because they give this recipe the best taste and consistency. The Mr. Food Test Kitchen agrees. Click here for more great recipes using Idaho® potatoes!
- Looking for more great holiday recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
- If you loved these Lyonnaise Potatoes, be sure to check out our recipe for Oven Roasted Potatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)