Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Spanish Rice and Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When I was a kid, Mom's Spanish rice was one of our favorite main courses. It was loaded with beef. Okay, in this version I wanted to keep that great taste but cut back on the fat. By replacing the beef with black beans, I was able to do just that. Mom would be proud!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 can (14½ ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients except the beans over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the beans and remove from the heat. Allow to sit, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
You can substitute your favorite kind of canned beans for the black beans, if you prefer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!