We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just like what you'd enjoy in sunny Mexico...and OOH it's so BUENO!!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the 3 tablespoons sugar in a 9-inch glass pie plate and place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid and golden, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and beat well. Pour the egg mixture over the melted sugar and place the pie plate in a large pan. Place hot tap water in the larger pan to halfway up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, then slice into wedges and serve with the sauce from the pie plate spooned over it.