Flavor Packed Brunswick Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Unlock the lid and unlock all the goodness of this chicken and vegetable stew. Your family's cleaned plates and smiling faces will be quite a reward!
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (141/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, chopped, juice reserved
- 1 chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces and skin removed
- 5 medium-sized carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen lima beans, thawed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes (about 11/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cream-style corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, combine the broth, tomatoes, chicken, carrots, onion, lima beans, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well. Place the sweet potatoes over the top.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When the pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from the vent pipe and the pressure is completely reduced.
- Remove the lid. Stir in the corn and parsley and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the corn is warmed through.
- Be sure to discard the bay leaves before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.