Homestyle Black Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If early Southwesterners had had indoor stoves and canned beans, they'd have loved them for making Homestyle Black Beans, a favorite dish that used to be simmered for hours over the fire. These don't cook that long, but they taste like it!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans packed in water, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute pepper and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pepper is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Be sure to remove bay leaves before serving. Serve immediately.
Black beans are typically served over cooked white or yellow rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.