We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Delight the family with a wholesome New England-style dish they'll love. Our Homestyle Cabbage is baked to perfection with onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cheese. It'll have you sayin', "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 cabbage, cut into 6 wedges, core removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, broken up
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cabbage wedges in a large pot; add about 1 inch of lightly salted water, cover, and boil 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, green pepper, and sugar in butter until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
- Drain cabbage well, then carefully place wedges in a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Pour vegetable mixture over cabbage. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
If you loved this Homestyle Cabbage, be sure to check out our recipe for Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!