We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Delight the family with a wholesome New England-style dish they'll love. Our Homestyle Cabbage is baked to perfection with onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cheese. It'll have you sayin', "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 cabbage, cut into 6 wedges, core removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, broken up
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cabbage wedges in a large pot; add about 1 inch of lightly salted water, cover, and boil 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, green pepper, and sugar in butter until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
- Drain cabbage well, then carefully place wedges in a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Pour vegetable mixture over cabbage. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
If you loved this Homestyle Cabbage, be sure to check out our recipe for Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!