Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Our Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage recipe is festive enough for St. Patrick's Day, yet simple enough for any night of the week! We've combined the tanginess of apple cider vinegar with the sweetness of sugar to make a side dish that everyone--including the Leprechauns--will want a taste of!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
What to Do
- In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
Test Kitchen Tip
- This red cabbage recipe will go great with our super delicious Caramelized Corned Beef or this oh-so-yum Glazed Corned Beef!
- For more festive St. Patrick's Day recipes, check out our "Luck of the Irish" Cake, and these Leprechaun Bites are sure to disappear quick!
- Love this recipe? We'd love to hear all about it in the comments below!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.