We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone loves a tasty brisket, but we think it's even better when it's ready in half the time! Made with our homemade blend of spices, this Cowboy Brisket is going to be a melt-in-your-mouth dinner favorite you can't get enough of. Whether you serve this up in a sandwich roll or just as is, this is an instantly delicious way to chow down.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- Place a trivet or foil collar in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Rub mixture over brisket and place fat side up on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, 1 cup water, the ketchup, and liquid smoke, if desired; pour over brisket. Lay onion slices on top of meat.
- Securely lock lid; set pressure cooker to cook 50 to 55 minutes. Perform a natural release. Be careful when opening the top as the steam will be hot. Place brisket on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons water. Set on simmer or heat setting. Stir mixture into pressure cooker and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket across the grain and serve sauce over brisket.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- How about picking up some Ciabatta rolls and piling on some sliced brisket to make a delicious Texas-sized brisket sandwich!
- For more fantastic brisket recipes try our Crowd-Pleasing Brisket, or our Honey Dijon Brisket.
- We love these tasty beef recipes. Try our 5-Minute Beef Stir Fry, our 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff, or our Bacon-Barbecue Joe!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 460
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 8.2g 41 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 47g 94 %
- Cholesterol 152mg 51 %
- Sodium 1,230mg 51 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.