Lemon Poppyseed Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (3/4-inch thick) slice
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
The weather is warming up and we're looking for a lighter brighter taste to add to the menu! Usher your tastebuds into spring with our Lemon Poppyseed Bread! It's perfect for tea or coffee after dinner, or if you really want to impress, serve it as part of your Easter menu!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, applesauce, sugar, and egg substitute until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to applesauce mixture, beating until well combined. Stir in milk, lemon zest, and poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in pan.
- Meanwhile, to make a lemon glaze, stir together the lemon juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pour over loaf after removing it from the oven, then allow it to cool in pan.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more warm weather favorites, check out our collection of Sunny Lemon Cake Recipes! Or, if you prefer more of an orange citrus flavor, try our Heavenly Orange Fluff!
- We love bread desserts! Like this yummy Blueberry Bread Pudding and this decadent Lemon Blueberry Monkey Bread! "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"™
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more desserts we know you're gonna love, be sure to download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 211
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 185mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.